FSE Awarded Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse ContractJanuary 2011
Four Seasons Environmental, Inc. is excited to announce its recent contract with the GSA to manage the Potter Stewart U.S. Courthouse and John Weld Peck Federal Building, both located in downtown Cincinnati.
As of January 1, 2011, FSE began operating, maintaining and repairing the U.S. Courthouse and the adjacent Federal Building, which combined equal 1.2 million square feet of space.
With only two weeks to prepare for the startup, the Christmas holidays turned into Christmas workdays… but certainly no one is complaining!
"The buildings are an important part of the city of Cincinnati, and Ohio as a whole," says Reed Tarkington. "We're proud to contribute to their legacy."
The nine-story Potter Stewart U.S. Courthouse is located at 100 E. Fifth Street, and was designed in the Art Moderne and Art Deco style and opened during 1939. The main tenant of the building is the judiciary. It recently underwent two renovations, the first in 2005 and the second in 2010. The building was named in honor of Justice Potter Stewart who served as a Circuit Judge in the Sixth Circuit until his appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1958.
By the 1950s, the need for more federal office space grew and plans for a new building emerged. During 1964, the city welcomed the John Weld Peck Federal Building, which is located at 550 Main Street. At this time, many of the government agencies moved across the street to the new 10-story building, which was named in honor of native son Judge John Weld Peck, who served for many years as a state and federal judge.